Part of our mission here at TrustedSite is to help ecommerce sites be successful. Now more than ever during this global crisis we want to assist our users and their independent businesses.
With mandated closures of nonessential brick and mortar stores and major retailers such as Amazon delaying shipment of nonessential goods, it’s become a necessity for shoppers to turn to independent ecommerce businesses to fulfill other needs.
The silver lining in these tough times is that shopping independent businesses is a win for everyone involved. Shoppers get the benefit of what is usually better, more personalized customer service and can feel good about helping the independent business community. Businesses get the benefit of increased traffic and the opportunity to grow their returning customer base.
Aside from making purchases, there are other ways shoppers can support independent businesses during these times.
How shoppers can support independent businesses
- Use Google Shopping to search for products on websites besides Amazon, Walmart, and other major retailers. Use the seller filter to select which retailers you want to see products from. Once you’ve arrived on a site to make a purchase, check for TrustedSite trustmarks to make sure the site is certified secure and a verified business (you can also find a list of certified sites in the TrustedSite directory).
- Leave a review or testimonial after making a purchase. Sharing your positive experience helps encourage more people to make a purchase on the same site.
- Share good deals on social media so your friends can take advantage of them too. Chances are that your friends are searching for the same items as you are. Make sure to include a link in your post so your friends will know where to find the deal.
Check out some of our favorite independent businesses
Each of the following sites has been certified to be secure, so you can shop with confidence. We love these sites because they sell great products and provide top-notch service. This list includes a variety of different product specialties, as well as businesses that are going the extra mile during this hard time.
- Holabird Sports 👟- Since gyms are closed, now’s the time to head outdoors for your workouts. Get a new pair of running shoes from this Baltimore-based business that has a 99% Issue-Free Orders rate.
- Harney & Sons Tea ☕ - Cozy up at home with these specialty teas and let your stress melt away.
- Dedham Bike 🚴 - Biking is a great way to exercise while keeping socially distant. Purchase a new bike or accessories here.
- Dr. Ho's 🏥 - It's more important than ever to focus on your health. Find relief with these pain management products and supplements, and support Dr. Ho's fundraiser for frontline medical workers (they'll be matching donations up to $100k!).
- The Mint Julep Boutique 👗 - Shop trendy women’s clothing so you’ll be ready for all your social events and special occasions later this year.
- Tailored Athlete 👔 - Step up your suit game so you can look your best when you head back to the office.
- Sweet Pea Embroidery 🧵 - Get crafty while you’re staying indoors with these sewing and embroidery supplies. This shop even offers lessons for beginners and has a 100% Issue-Free Orders rate.
- Lensabl 👓 - These try-at-home kits are the perfect way to pick out new glasses styles without leaving your house.
- SwimOutlet.com 👙 - Stock up on swimwear for the whole family so you’re ready to hit the beach this summer.
- Carl’s Golfland ⛳ - Get ready for when you can get back out on the golf course with new apparel and gear.
- CarCovers.com 🚗 - Keep your car, truck, or motorcycle protected while you’re not using it as much. With a 99% Issue-Free Orders rate, you know you’ll get great service from this site.
- CheapBats.com ⚾ - Until MLB and other sports return, why not enjoy a game of catch in your backyard or neighborhood (while staying socially distant, of course).
- Shop PBS 📺 - Though a national brand, supporting public television helps ensure that we can all continue to stay informed during this global crisis.
Supporting independent businesses is an easy way to lend a hand during these uncertain times. If everyone does their part, we’ll all make it through this together!
Have an ecommerce business of your own? Check out these tips for surviving tough economic times.
Subscribe to the TrustedSite blog
Get the latest posts delivered right to your inbox